Saturday, May 14, 2011

The job (part II)/ resolution

Another video about my job:





********************************************************************************

  As I mentioned in the video, I put in a request to switch from 3rd shift to 1st shift, and the request was APPROVED!!! I just finished my 3rd week on 1st shift, and it's been much, much, MUCH better. I don't have to rush after church, I get to rest after Sunday service now, and I'm getting more done outside of work (since I don't spend the entire day asleep).

  The only thing about day shift is that I miss that night shift differential pay (it's noticeable); also, I'm finding that I get less sleep working day shift. I've had to resort to taking naps to get extra sleep (well, I only take naps on Tuesdays and Thursdays before church services). I have to learn when to stop doing stuff and lay down in the bed at a decent hour.... .

   But, I needed to make this switch. I'm very contented (despite less sleep and missing that differential). Being able to sleep at night, and being able to not rush after church, and having my Sunday evenings free is worth that $160 that I would've gotten on nights.

   I just thank God for letting day shift come through, and the benefits that I'm experiencing as a result of this switch.

No comments:

Post a Comment