Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Testimony bars

First and formost, my apologies for not being diligent in posting blogs. I had thought about posting, but I just wasn't feeling writing for a season. God had to rekindle my love for writing and reading, to be honest... but I'm not here to have this conversation today.

 I wanted to talk about something that I've been doing on Facebook this week. Everyday this week, I've posted "bars" of my testimony (basically, a couple of rhyming lines describing what God has done for me and what he's delivered me from).

 Actually, I didn't plan to do this. I was in fellowship with a few of the saints after church on Sunday, and I said in the midst of our conversation that "He took that blaze up out my lung, and put that praise up in my lung!" One of my sisters was hyped over that couplet, and was saying that I should turn it into a song. Then, I said, "I'm gonna put that on my Facebook!" She said, "Tag me if you do it!". So, when I got home, I logged onto my Facebook and posted those bars (except for replacing the second "lung" with "tongue", it's the same thing I said when I was with the saints).

   When I checked my Facebook on Monday, I saw the status sitting there, and I wondered aloud if I could come up with more "testimony bars" - and almost instantly, I thought "Eyes would carefully watch chests, backsides, and thighs - I thank God for redirecting my eyes". So, that was the next one that I posted. And, God has given me bars to post everyday, sharing what's He's done for me.

  I suppose I'll post testimony bars until I run out of bars or deliverance testimonies (probably the latter).

   But also, I plan to start writing daily on my blog about my testimonies. I want to elaborate on what God has done. For example, "He took that blaze up out my lung, and put that praise up on my tongue!" - I would like to elaborate and tell the story behind the lines. So, look forward to me sharing my story... .

No comments:

Post a Comment