Sunday, December 6, 2009

Walking by faith

God likes to allow constant reminders that I need to embrace II Corinthians 5:7 “For we walk by faith, not by sight”.
Right now, if I were to believe in what I see at this moment, I’d be in panic mode. But my faith says “But seek ye first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you” (Matthew 6:33). My faith says “Jehovah Jireh” (Genesis 22:14). My faith says, “God has an expected end for me” (Jeremiah 29:11).
Now, do I believe what God said, or do I believe what I’m seeing? Do I panic, like Peter did on the water in Matthew, or do I stay focused on God in the middle of the storm? Do I continue to put the word of God above feelings, words, or situations?
Well, I will declare this - ALL IS WELL; for I walk by faith, not by sight!

2 comments:

  1. Amen to that... Your post was just the right words of encouragement I needed this evening

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were encouraged too, Causha. I actually wrote this for myself before church this morning, and when I got home, I thought I'd share....

    ReplyDelete