Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2010

Happy New Year's and stuff!

It's 2011, the year of "like never before." God told me that so many things will be like never before in this next year, and I'm in expectation of the fulfillment of his prophecy.

But, the reason for this blog was to share my thoughts on the previous year, now that it's over.

Well, 2010 year was a good year. More than anything, I've realized just how far I've come in the past 10 years, and how I almost didn't get to experience these 10 years (long story). So, I was pretty grateful unto God for 2010, and I really begun to do like Philippians 3:14 says - "forgetting those things that are behind... I press forward...."
I also believe that a lot of "groundwork" was done in 2010. Some things are soon to happen, especially with Anointed Word Fellowship, and much of the work was accomplished over the last year.
Some highlights include the following: 1 - my first extended fast in January/February, 2 - my brother's return home in June, 3 - being put up as an Elder in the church in June, 4 - returning to school in August, 5 - preaching two Sundays in a row in October, and 6 - something that I won't mention at this time (there's a situation on which God has yet to give me clarity).

Nothing bad to say about 2010, except that I wish my financial situation would have been better, and I wish I could've went out of town this year. Oh well - God provided my needs (and more), so there's no reason to be in sucka-mode or anything like that. I have health, shelter, food, clothes, the Holy Ghost, and the Internet. (LOL)

For 2011 - very hopeful. Like I said at the beginning, this is the year of "like never before." Even though the past 3-4 days have been "blah" for the most part (except for New Year's Eve service, and Sunday service, both of which were off-the-chain), great things are going down this year. I'm looking forward to great things in the ministry, trips to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge, Oxford (Alumni Reunion), and a few other places, more of school, more writing, and buckling down with practicing the keyboard, among other things.

Well, that's that. Laton!

2 comments:

  1. AUGHHHH I just realized that my last comment was DELETED! I must have forgotten to hit save! Anyways, congrats on all the blessings of 2008! I look forward to reading about your 10 year testimony - what happened 10 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll share it in a future blog, Mrs. Shelby S.

    ReplyDelete