Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Four-Year-Old Preacher



Now, I initially posted this video on my Facebook page, after watching it on The Christian Post. I actually posted the following two comments about this video:

"As for me, I don't have a problem in "training up a child", as Proverbs 22:6 says; if the parents recognize the call to ministry in this child, then by all means they should nurture that and do their part to prepare him for God's work."


" The only thing that I didn't like about this clip, though, was when he said "He [God] wants the money what you give him" - what is that about? In training him, I pray that his parents & leaders train him to be a true minister of the gospel, and not a pulpit pimp."


In regards to my first comment above, I truly don't have a problem with the parents nurturing the child. Besides Proverbs 22:6 (Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it), I think of Jeremiah 1:5 (Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations), Jeremiah 1:7 (But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee shou shalt speak), and  I Samuel 3 (When God first spoke to Samuel as a child) specifically come to mind. Unlike men, God will prepare/establish/use a child. So, I can respect the parents recognizing and seeing ministry in that child.

However, in regards to the second comment I had made, I hope that the parents train up the child correctly when it comes to ministry. That line "He [God] wants the money what you give him" bothered me. In this age when so many "preachers" use the pulpit as a means to advance their own financial ambitions, I would hope and pray that the parents would buck that trend and train up their son to fulfill Isaiah 61:1 (The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, andt he opening of the prison to them that are bound), to fulfill Romans 10:15 (...how beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!), and to be a shepherd after God's heart (as Ezekiel 34 says). We need more true gospel preachers, and my hope is that more true preachers will duplicate themselves so that we can preach the gospel of peace to unbelievers, and so that we can stand against all unfruitful works of darkness [in the church].


No comments:

Post a Comment