Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thankful

I just wanted to share a piece of my evening on this blog...

Tonight, we had a dinner at church to celebrate Co-Pastor Booker's birthday. Usually we have Intercessory Prayer Service on Saturday evenings, but tonight we had a big seafood dinner (Co-Pastor LOVES seafood).

After eating all that lobster, shrimp, crab, tilapia, and other stuff, we took a few moments to sing praises unto God; it's always appropriate to lift him up in his house.

But Bishop Booker spoke something today that really connected with me. He spoke about being thankful and reminded us to be thankful for all that God has done for us. As he talked, I reflected upon 2011, and I started to cry as I reminded myself of just how good God has been to me.
I mean, he's provided my basic needs - shelter, food, employment (well, an unemployment check for the moment), clothes. I also have a cell and Internet at home. My brother is back home after four years, serving God and  attending college. I'm walking in my call to ministry (as hard as it is at times, but that's #TheLifeOfAnAssistantPastor). My bills are paid and my refrigerator is full. I'm healthy. I'm on top of the dirt instead of the dirt being on top of me.

I write this because I was feeling a little frustrated and restless in life. Sometimes, we as people look so hard at what we don't have that we overlook all that we have before us. I was feeling like that earlier, but God reminded me again of just how good he's been to me.

I also want to encourage anyone that may be reading this blog. God's been good to you as well. The fact that you're reading this blog says a lot - you can read, you have access to a computer/Internet, you're alive... . God has been good to you and I!

Well, that's my "off the dome" thought for the moment. I'll holla!

No comments:

Post a Comment