Friday, December 30, 2011

2011 (Reflection)

So, I'm doing an end-of-the-year blog at the end of the year this year. I usually wait until the 1st of 2nd week of January to reflect on the previous year, but I'm bucking that trend this year, and I'm going to reflect in these last moments of 2011.


Events
It's been an eventful year. I've reached a few milestones this year that I didn't foresee coming. I didn't think I'd get my minister license/ordination this year, but I did. Not only that, I never imagined that I'd be named Assistant Pastor of Anointed Word Fellowship. Honestly, I was praying that God would send an minister from outside of Cincinnati to be Bishop Booker's Assistant Pastor; but, God had other plans.

I got to go to Gatlinburg this year. I loved the trip down there! It was one of the more serene weeks of the year (I can't say the most serene - when you travel with 60 other people, you usually don't get to do everything that you wanted; but I still had a blast). AWF went to Gatlinburg three years ago, but this year we had more time to do more things, such as going to Clingman's Dome and trying new restaurants (still didn't do any shopping, but that's all right).

My brother came home. I've missed my younger brother, and it was great to have him home again. He made some mistakes, but it's been awesome to see God redeem him and change his course. Now, he's in college, he's doing music again, and best of all, he's serving God!

Of course, I GOT MY DRIVER LICENSE!!! What a way to cap off the year! Operation: License was a success!

Spiritual Warfare was a big thing this year. I've never had to fight so hard in the spirit realm in all my life! The devil tried to get into a few people and cast doubt on me being Assistant Pastor. Then, the warfare in trying to get my driver license was intense (it took a week to finally get a rental car, my brother and I had to stand against division, and the examiner at the BMV must've took a sip of haterade before my exam). Mostly though, the enemy tried to discourage me and frustrate me in my thoughts. I spent more than one night crying and repeating II Corinthians 10:3-5. I've studied/reviewed Joshua 1 and II Corinthians 6:3-10 at least twice a month. I did what my Co-Pastor always tell me to do, and pressed my way on.

2011 was a great year for me. In so many ways, God did exceeding abundantly above all that I asked or thought. Spiritually, financially, emotionally, and mentally, it was perhaps the best year that I've had at this point in my life.


Looking Forward
I have to do more physical work. Honestly, I let my health/body go. After I came off a 33-day fast in 2010, I was eating healthier (no sugar, whole grains, less fat). But, I started back on caffeine, and it was downhill from there. I got better about eating fast food, but I gained about 80 pounds over the last two years. So, I'm going to do an extended fast sometime over the first weeks of 2012, and I'm going to HAVE to change my eating habits. I'm considering vegetarianism again. I was a vegetarian for about six months, and that was probably the healthiest six months of my adult life. I slept better, I had more energy, I felt lighter, I ate better, and I lost weight. At the very least, I'm definitely cutting back on meat.


I want more spiritual growth. I grew this year, but I need more. I want to be even more of a help to my Bishop and Co-Pastor, and I want to be more of an example to not just the saints at AWF, but to those around me. I want to spend more time in prayer and fasting this year. I want to be more of a "light in the midst of darkness" in 2012. Additionally, I want to continue to work to see the vision of Anointed Word Fellowship manifest in the next year (empowered disciples, more outreach and soul winning, more healing and miracles, new edifice, daycare...)

Operation: Get-car will definitely go down in 2012. I have things to do and places to go, and I don't plan on just having my driver's license for show... .

I hope to do more traveling this year. AWF isn't going to Tennessee this year, but that doesn't mean that I can't travel. I'm definitely looking into going to two family reunions in Georgia this summer (my maternal grandmother's people and my maternal grandfather's people). I would either like to try to go to the ocean (I've never seen the ocean). I would like to visit Chicago again this year (Taste of Chicago?). I'm even considering a trip to my favorite place in Tennessee (there's some restaurants I'd like to try).

I also hope that something happens in the "relationship" area in 2012 as well (smile)... .


*       *       *       *       *       *       *       *       *       *

Well, that's all I have to say about this year. It's been great, and I don't think I can even imagine what God has in store for 2012.

I'll holla.

No comments:

Post a Comment