Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day 12 in '12 (Disappointment)

    I'm very contemplative in 2012 so far. I'm thinking very hard about some things... .

    You see, over the past few days, I've seen, read, and been told things that... on one hand, I knew, and on the other hand, it's still a bit jarring that I've seen/read/heard certain things.

    Yes, jarring is the correct word. The conversations, the words, the sights have indeed had a harshly disagreeable and disconcerting effect on me. I had high hopes when it came to certain people and situations, and thus far, I'm 1-4 in 2012.

    I'm not saying that I wanted people and situations to conform to my will, my desires, and/or my standards, but I thought that... .

    Well, let me use an illustration to describe what I'm trying to say. It's as though someone I love has fallen and is barely hanging on to the edge of a cliff. I throw out a rope for them to them to grab hold on and climb to safety. Yet, they refuse the rope.
    Or like telling someone not to drink iced tea laced with arsenic. Even though I've told them that "Hey, that iced tea is laced with arsenic - if you drink it, you're putting even your life in jeopardy"; they respond with "Un-uh - I can't see or taste any arsenic" or "You must mean some other glass" or "You're doing too much".

    Basically, I expected to see more thought, more spiritual maturity, and more humility from people and situations. At the same time, I'm hurting over certain people and situations. I care about people, I want the best for people. It hurts to see people who are/have been hurt, and their responses to hurt. It hurts to see people who don't see unseen danger. It hurts that people don't even care about the danger, and don't want me to care, seemingly.

   I know I probably sound vague, since I'm not identifying people and situations. But, I just had to express my feelings at the moment, and I decided to just share "off the dome"... .

I'll holla.

No comments:

Post a Comment